CLIENT STORY: SUPPORTING AN INFANT WITH COMPLEX NEEDS
“All About Caring do everything they can to enhance Dominic’s quality of life and achieve his goals. Which, as a parent, that’s all you really want.”
Happy, cuddly three-year-old Dominic spent the first year and a half of his life in hospital. Dominic is a highly complex and intensive medical needs child with an Omphalocele diagnosis, tracheotomy, nasogastric tube, and ventilator dependent.
Dominic’s parents, Amanda and Kyle, had one goal, “Bring him home and keep him home”.
“We couldn’t have him live the rest of his life while he needs all this extra medical attention in a hospital. Like any other parent, you want to be able to bring your child home. Eighteen months in hospital for your first child is a long and gruelling process.”
- To bring Dominic home he needed 24/7 care and the support of a company with the resources and knowledge to care for a complex medical needs child.
- Required developmental and social support for a growing toddler.
- Support that would help the family participate in some of the everyday activities that many others take for granted.
- All About Caring were selected through a rigorous process by EnableNSW to provide overnight support as they were able to accommodate the extensive care requirements.
- The family extended their support with day-time Support Workers to help Dominic with child development exercises and his ever-changing and complex therapy regime.
- Highly-trained Support Workers who are across all his medical needs allow the family to travel and engage in activities such as playgroup and visiting the shops.
All About Caring is a trusted name in complex quality care, we work with government, peak bodies, associations and partners to advocate and provide for people with disabilities. We hold registration with the NDIS, iCare NSW, TAC, NIISQ, DSOA, LSA and others. Our frontline support staff will come directly to you.
Our offices are located in centralised hubs along the east coast, allowing us to provide better service.
Begin living your best life! Join Our Community.
For more information about booking a support worker, or if you would like to work with us, please get in touch!